// Living My Script Dream //

7.14.2006

Summer Fridays

In case I haven't made it very clear...and for the record I should gladly state...I LOVE MY DAY JOB! For as much as I'm fighting to find a way to make script writing a full-time gig, I also now that my safety net is as tight and functional as any. My company is the perfect balance of entrepreneurial spirit and successful stability, and they allow me to control my own efforts with absolutely no micro-management. The pay is decent, I'm aware that our CFO fights hard for the best benefits we can all afford, and management works hard to find the little perks that make a good job just that much better.

On top of giving me (Marketing) a $50 a month allowance to go spend on our employees (ie. Krispy Kremes, bagels, tacos for lunch, etc.), they are also happy to kick back a little love (ie. $100, $500) when profits are good after a successful quarter.

Well, announced just this week, management has kindly decided to re-implement "Summer Fridays." And you can bet that today at noon my company was a ghost town!

I've often felt that Americans focus too much on work, and after spending a refreshing Friday afternoon with my wife and kids, I can see how cultures that put a little more balance on family/fun/work are on to a better way of doing things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home