// Living My Script Dream //

7.10.2006

To Some Of You This Is A Surprise

After a week of testing this whole "blog" thing out, I'm ready to let people know about it and kick it into 2nd gear.

To my friends and family, some of this might be a complete surprise. Not everyone knows about my interest in script writing, and some of you have no idea I've been working on this for the last three years.

To get you up to speed, I attempted to teach myself script writing format and began working on a script called "Inside" while I was working at SRC. I was clueless back then and only writing sporadically, so it took a long time to complete, but once I finished I realized this was a pasttime I really enjoyed and wanted to dedicate more time to.

During the spring of 2005 I ran into Heather Ebert, an old friend who is a writer. She told me about the Willamette Writer's Association, which is where I learned about Cynthia Whitcomb. I took her class in the Fall/Winter of 2005, and subsequently finished my second script "Like Brothers."

I am now at the stage where it is time to kick things up to 3rd gear, so I am attending a big Writer's Conference in August and will be attempting to sell "Like Brothers" and/or my writing services. I currently have six 1-on-1 pitch sessions set up with official Hollywood producer/agent/exec-types. I'm both psyched and scared to death!

I realize that the chances of me walking out of that conference with a million dollar contract or any work at all are one in a trillion, but I'm dedicated to giving everything I've got and rolling with whatever happens.

I finished my last polish of "Like Brothers" yesterday, and am sending it to a few industry friends for their input. Cynthia already read it and had good things to say. Considering she's sold over 70 scripts and had almost half filmed, I was thrilled to read that she liked it.

My next move is a page 1 rewrite of "Inside" and then beginning work on a number of new ideas I have. I'll also continue to read everything I can about script writing, and try to increase my knowledge of the industry. The conference is August 4-6th, and you can believe I will have a lot of things to post as it approaches and as it happens!

I'm also attending Cynthia's one-day "Pitch Class" the weekend before the conference, where Cynthia will teach us everything she knows about how to pitch successfully!

Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home