// Living My Script Dream //

7.08.2006

The Side Benefit To This Adventure

If you asked most people why they write scripts the answer would more than likely be "TO GET RICH!" And although I'm bug-eyed at the prospect of making large sums of money just for putting words down on paper, behind it all is a deeper reason.

It might sound overly poetic or altruistic, but I write scripts because I really want to "tell stories that spark peoples' imaginations."

As a kid I remember seeing "Star Wars" and wishing I could be Luke Skywalker. I also remember seeing "Superman" then running around pretending I could fly and save the day. A few years later I remember seeing "The Goonies" and wishing I could go on an adventure like they did. Heck, even to this day I'll see a movie like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and be immediately 10 years old again.

Sure I write in the hope of riches, but I also write in the hope that I'll create a story that captivates the imaginations of the masses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home