// Living My Script Dream //

7.11.2006

How Many Times?

It's a few weeks away but I already feel like I'm sitting on the dawn of a new horizon. And everything I'm reading and all the things I'm hearing tell me I'm in for a whole lot of "no's" as I bang on the doors of Hollywood and try to sell my script.

How many no's would it take before you decided that a venture wasn't worth the effort? I'm not really sure. I guess it depends on the venture. And for me, this venture isn't really about the yes's or no's anyways. It's about me grabbing a lump of clay from my mind and massaging it, rewriting it, working on it, until it becomes a tangible tale of characters and struggle, and it moves into the imagination of anyone gracious enough to read it. If that's my 4 year old son, so be it! If it's a Hollywood producer with a blank check, I'm ok with that too! (really, I'm fine with that!)

But a million no's won't sway me from continuing to write.

Like a musician that never got that chance to find a band and rock out on stage in front of thousands of people, the songs he writes at home, alone, for himself or his family are just as masterful and worth being sung!

So I will sing on too! Whether to a thousand yes's or a thousand no's. Cause it's just to dang fun to take an idea and make it into a movie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home