// Living My Script Dream //

7.22.2006

Calling in the reinforcements

I'm two weeks away from the big conference and I'm still trying to patch a major hole in "Like Brothers." So what do I do? I call in the big guns! I send an email to a couple Army guys I know, because part of the backstory of my two main characters is that they were in the Army together.

A friend who we shall refer to as "The Gator" gives me a call back and gives me not only a couple good ideas for motivating backstory, but also some great insight into how things really work and how people respond in a military environment.

I had chatted with The Gator on the first draft of this script when the backstory of my two main guys was included, and he helped me see what things made sense to include. He really helped me find that point where I could draw the line for my suspension of disbelief.

So, thanks to The Gator!

Now, time to work on filling the hole and getting this baby ready to rock! Hollywood or bust!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home