// Living My Script Dream //

7.25.2006

Boomerang!

OK...the bad luck is coming around and kicking me in the can. But believe it or not, I'm loving it! More explanation below.

Example #1: Turns out car #2 is experience leakaging from the head gasket, and so far the bill is climbing past the $1,000 mark! Believe that I'll give you a blow by blow report if the dealership of choice performs subpar. Independent auto guy wanted $1100 total, Dealership #1 wanted $950 + tax, so Dealership #2 said $855 + tax, plus they'll throw in a rental as needed. Let's hope the operation is a success and my little 50K-mile "poor man's Viper" is back in action in no time.

Example #2: About a month or so ago the Anderson wash machine went PLACK, and me and the Mrs. had to fork out some serious dough to get a new one. Fast forward to two days ago when I was doing something upstairs while clothes were in the dryer and I was like "what is that smell?" Turns out our dryer had fried itself senseless and is now DOA. Fast forward to tonight, and one little trip to Best Buy later (in my courtesy rental truck, of course...see example #1) and Daddy's coming home with a new dryer.

Now, picking up from my intro, my typical reaction to bad luck like this is something along the lines of falling on my knees like a 5-year old and tantruming "why me, why me" over and over again. But NO...not this time...because I'm a firm believer in bad luck leading to good luck, and even good luck leading to bad luck.

And with the Willamette Writer's Conference a mere week and a half away, I'm happy to throw out the bad luck boomerang and wait for the good luck one to come back around and smack me right between the orbital sockets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home