// Living My Script Dream //

10.01.2006

Let's Make This Official

So a couple posts ago I mentioned that my wife had given me a great example of fortitude as she was able to complete something she had been working on for a very long time.

My wife began working on her Master's degree about 7 years ago, and even lost a year's worth of credits when she moved down to Vancouver and transferred to City University. She worked her classes all the way down to her final project, but hit a "snag" when she got pregnant with our first son and inevitably lost motivation to finish that project when he was born.

That last project has essentially floated out there all this time, with my wife picking it back up only to let it go again around the time of our daughter's birth. It was really only through persistence, and the help of a mentor from the University, that she was able to pick things up again recently and push it all the way through to completion!

It was priceless to see the ear-to-ear smile on her face as I opened the envelope and read the words "Master's Degree in Education with Presidential Honors." My wife knew she had a 4.0 GPA for quite a while, but didn't realize she had finished up with her grades high enough to qualify for honors.

For all of us out there who have started something and are struggling to complete it, take the example of someone who stuck with something for six years and finally completed it as inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home