// Living My Script Dream //

9.07.2006

The Fulfillment of Manhood

I woke early today. Birds chirping. The sun rising gently. Something about the air seemed a bit more crisp and clean. There's a feeling in my soul this morning. A feeling that things are somehow better today. Sure I'm a man who believes in a God who watches over me and delights in giving me good things, but today is more special than that.

Today is a day that only comes once a year. OK, I guess every day is a day that only comes once a year, but not like today.

Look at the faces of the men around you. On many you'll see a different glow today. Heck, you'll even see it on some of the women in your vicinity.

Why are these people enlightened today? It's really quite simple.

Today marks the start of the 2006-2007 NFL Season!

Ahhhh....breathe it in! It's a more glorious aroma than some high blend morning coffee. It's more delicate on the palate than a French pastry. It's more healing to an aching heart than a Toni Braxton CD.

The season kicks off tonight when the Miami Dolphins travel to Pittsburgh to clash with the Steelers. I can't wait.

My observations for the season:

* Seattle will get back to the playoffs, if not the Super Bowl.
* Arizona will be a playoff team, even after Warner goes down early and Leinart has to take over at the helm.
* Philadelphia will drastically improve over their 6-10 record of last year.
* Dallas will start very strong, struggle in the middle, and implode by the end of the year.
* Washington is in big trouble because of Portis' injury and tinkering with their backfield.
* Eli Manning's team will out perform Payton Manning's team this year.

So raise your glasses to the beginning of another fun-filled NFL year. Here's to Sunday BBQs with friends and the Seahawks getting revenge for getting jobbed last year!

2 Comments:

  • I thought you were so happy to be having "fried frog" for dinner!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • This just in...

    I can neither confirm nor deny that a small tree frog hopped its way inside my A/C unit, and somehow positioned itself in just such a way as to ELECTRIFY to snot of himself and short out my unit.

    Actually, I can confirm it, but for warranty reasons I won't!

    Thus, I'll be christening the 2006/2007 NFL season with a side of fried frog legs! YUM, YUM!

    By Blogger Eric Anderson, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home