// Living My Script Dream //

9.24.2006

If I Can't Make It, Maybe "He" Can

A friend at work came across a casting call for "Into The Wild" here in Portland on Friday. The call was specifically for boys 3-6, so I loaded up my son Evan to see if he could have better luck getting into Hollywood than I've had.

We explained to Evan that acting is like "pretending." He seemed to get the whole concept and seemed cool with going to see some people who might ask him to pretend to be "angry" or "silly."

We were #117 of what I can only imagine was a thousand or so youngsters. Rumors had it that they were looking for a very specific look. (Great...Evan has one of those!) I think I overheard that they were looking for someone to play the lead (Chris?) as a youngster, who sneaks out of his house and into a neighbors house when they're gone.

We were there for about an hour or so. Everyone seemed very nice. We had our 30 seconds with the casting director, Marty. And then we were off. Evan was mad at me afterward because nobody asked him to pretend anything.

Today was a second day of casting calls (for adult extras), so I would imagine that if we haven't heard anything by now, we won't be hearing anything. Oh, well. At least we had a little adventure. And I have an excuse to put up a picture of the cutest boy in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home