// Living My Script Dream //

8.06.2006

I Wish It Would Never End!

I have to admit I'm a little bittersweet about today. I have been having so much fun at this conference, I don't want it to end! But on the flip side, I'm exhausted. Ramping up for each pitch session is emotionally straining, and after getting up then coming down again and again and again, you end up feeling like you've been stuck on a roller coaster all day long. But do you really wanna get off?

Today's event are as follows.

8:30-10:00 - Workshop from Ken Atchity (a manager I never got to pitch to but really want to find a way to get some time with him!)

10:00 - 11:30 - Four pitches. Dave Alpert, Partner at Circle of Confusion. Chris Sablan, Agent at Original Artists. Navid McIlhargey, VP of Development at Silver Pictures. Lainie Gallers, Network Exec at the TNT Network.

12:15 - 1:00 - Lunch.

1:15 - 2:30 - Workshop about Schmoozing for Dollars.

3:00 - 4:15 - Workshop on How the Studios Make Their Money.

4:15 - Conclusion of conference, raffle, prize drawings, etc.

5:00'ish - Head home and pray somebody I impressed here the last three days wants to take my work to the next level!

For those of you who haven't been keeping score at home, I'll be sure to do a recap on my pitches and what resulted from each one.

Thank you all for your emails, prayers and overall support. Please continue through today. My meeting with Navid is particularly important. Navid is BIG TIME. Silver Pictures works exclusively with Warner Brothers, so they only tackle big, BIG movies. I'm praying he sees the potential in "Like Brothers," although I doubt it's got the goods given the quality of other projects they are already working on. But you never know!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home