// Living My Script Dream //

8.04.2006

BENDERSPINK RULES!

I have to make this short, but essentially my meeting with Cory Hebenstreit with Benderspink ALMOST didn't happen.

The pitch meetings got completely off-schedule after the lunch break, and when I went to my 2:30 pitch, they were calling the 1:45 people in. I figured I still have 45 minutes or so and wanted to head back to the workshop I had been sitting in, as I was really enjoying it and it was being given by a person whom I'm pitching to on Sunday.

I went back to the class, enjoyed the rest, and at 3:00 headed back to the pitching area to await my meeting with Cory. As I arrived I asked one of the people in the mob what time they were currently calling, and he said "I think the 2:30's are just finishing and they'll be calling the 2:45's anytime."

I about DIED!

I immediately ran into the ballroom and found Cory (sitting in a corner by himself looking annoyed). I begged for his forgiveness and quickly explained what had happened. He was VERY cool about it all.

Just as I was getting done begging for forgiveness a guy in the back yells "We're about to let the 2:45's in," so I begged Cory to let me do a 1-minute pitch and blasted through it like my life depended on it!

IT WENT GREAT!

Cory seemed interested. Said he'd like me to submit via their website, and to mark it to his attention. I asked if I could give him my card and he said that would be fine. I handed it to him and he said "wow, cool card."

In and out of that meeting in 3 minutes, my head is still spinning! I can't believe someone from Benderspink is willing to read my stuff. What an answer to prayer!

Gotta run. 3:30 session is about to kick off. More posting tonight!

Cheers, and thanks to ALL of you for your support, love and prayers!
Eric

3 Comments:

  • if you want to break into screenwriting, your best bet would be to stop using the word "prayer" every five minutes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 AM  

  • Come on, Anon. I grew up in the 80's, baby. I was with Bon Jovi and ALWAYS "Living on a prayer." Cut me some slack, eh.

    BTW...By your math did it really take you ten minutes to read that post? (every 5 minutes x the word prayer used twice) Pick up the pace, holmes. :)

    Read through a few more posts though, my friend, you'll see that while I am indeed a fairly spiritual person, I don't use the word "prayer" abusively.

    Are you in the business? You sound like you have some level of insight there. Maybe not? No worries either way.

    By Blogger Eric Anderson, at 11:28 AM  

  • This was in 2006 ... how has it been going since? I'm going to be making an agency sweep soon and wondered how Benderspink was to "working writers..." Hope you have some information! ;-) You can email me at tcarroll @ rockstarsd.com.

    Thanks.

    By Blogger Tom Carroll, at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home