// Living My Script Dream //

8.04.2006

The First Little SNAFU

So, I head over early to try and sign up for more 1-on-1 pitches. The conference only allows you to sign up for six in advance, then opens it up to as many as you want once the conference begins.

I came over with a list of roughly 12 more people to try and set up times with, and after waiting in a SLOOOOOOOOW moving line for about an hour, was only able to land two more.

To make matters worse, the server running the "session system" to all the conference's laptops fritzed out right while I was up to bat and getting more sessions. I swear I thought the line of 30+ people behind me was going to kill me and think I took down the system.

Anywho....it's 10:00am. My first pitch is in 30 minutes. I'm anxious as heck, but I feel really good about how I've polished my pitch and committed it to memory in a way that doesn't sound stale and regurgitated.

Not sure when my next installment will be. I have a workshop session immediately after my pitch, so maybe after/during lunch I'll find time to tell you how Pitch #1 went.

PS. Thanks to my wife for all the beautiful things she said below. They are undeserved. I'm just a guy that was raised right by loving parents and grandparents!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home